Action Garage Door Repair Specialists offer quality custom garage doors to suit any home. Custom doors allow you to come up with the perfect design that matches the architectural beauty of your home.
A customized garage door also means getting the ideal size and shape, increasing your home’s visual appeal and value and matching your vision. The expert garage door technicians at Action Garage Door Repair Specialists can help you design and install the ideal custom garage door for your home in the DFW Metroplex, Fort Worth, Austin, and Houston, Texas.
With over 40 years of handcrafting quality garage doors under our belt, you can rest assured that no matter what type of garage door you go with, you are getting something built to last. We have a solid reputation as an industry leader and are well-known among our community for our incredible craftsmanship and exceptional customer service. Our experienced team of technicians can help you design the garage door that matches your home’s character. Here is more information on our premium residential garage door services.
New Residential Garage Doors: Enhance Curb Appeal and Functionality
A garage door is a considerable investment that provides a huge return, helps you save money, reduces repair costs, improves insulation, cuts down energy bills, and improves the overall safety of your garage. According to the latest report from Remodeling’s National Cost vs. Value Report for 2023, replacing a garage door can give homeowners an ROI of up to 102.7%.
By partnering with Action Garage Door Repair Specialists, homeowners can invest in a custom garage door that offers the ultimate boost to curb appeal and security. Our specialists can help you invest in a designer garage door that gives you exceptional style and durability, ensuring that your garage door lasts for years to come. Every garage door from our lineup of incredible brands provides both function and beauty, elevating your home’s overall appearance to the next level.
Our garage door specialists can help you personalize your garage door to fit your unique vision and the style of your home. Whether you choose captivating wood or hardy steel or use windows to bring in natural light, you can rest assured that your garage door will be a one-of-a-kind work of art.
Types of Garage Doors Offered By Action Garage Door Repair Specialists
Garage doors come in different types, including roll-up, sliding, swing-out, and swing-up. Our specialists offer a wide range of brands that deliver unparalleled quality. These include:
- C.H.I: C.H.I offers an award-winning combination of quality and style for residential buildings. Whether you prefer a more contemporary look for your garage door or a more traditional style, this incredible brand has something for everyone.
- Classica: Amarr is one of the most well-known garage door manufacturers in the country. They are committed to producing safe, high-quality garage doors offering unparalleled beauty. Their Classica line offers an authentic carriage house look that will grab the eye and boost curb appeal.
- Heritage: When it comes to durability, nothing comes close to the incredible hardiness of a Heritage garage door. These heavy-duty steel doors are built to last and handle whatever life throws at them.
- Amarr: For years, the Amarr garage door company has been crafting exceptional residential garage doors. They have built a solid reputation for designing luxurious, stylish, safe garage doors in numerous options.
- Carriage House: Carriage House garage doors offer well-crafted doors with various decorative options. They are designed to replicate the traditional look and feel of carriage house doors used in the 1800s. The charming historical look is one that many homeowners adore and looks immaculate on any Texas home.
We also offer a wide range of materials to choose from, ensuring that you get the best option for your home. These are our most popular:
Steel Garage Doors
Action Garage Door Repair Specialists offer a wide selection of residential steel garage doors to customers in the Dallas, Austin, and Houston areas.
The Amarr brand of residential steel garage doors features pinch-resistant models: Heritage and WeatherGuard™. We also carry the Olympus, a tongue-and-groove garage door model with superb energy efficiency.
All Amarr steel garage doors are made of roll-formed Amercian steel that has been hot-dip galvanized to resist rust. These garage doors are pre-painted with a primer and tough polyester top coat, providing years of low-maintenance beauty. Whether you are shopping for a premium steel garage door or a standard steel garage door, Action Garage Door Repair Specialists has the perfect product for you. We can even dispose of your old garage door as part of our service!
Wood Garage Doors
Action Garage Door Repair Specialists has a beautiful line of wooden garage doors made of 1-⅜-inch-thick kiln-dried lumber, which can be unfinished or primed. These garage doors come with various glass and window trim options. A wide variety of widths and heights will accommodate most garage door openings.
What Are the Benefits of New Garage Door Installation?
Homeowners will enjoy a wide range of benefits when investing in a new garage door. With the incredible brands and customization options that Action Garage Door Repair Specialists offer, homeowners can expect the following:
- Increase in their home’s value
- Improvement in their home’s curb appeal
- Additional security
- Less maintenance than an older garage door
- Reduction in heating and cooling costs
- Decreased potential hazards by providing better safety features
Custom Garage Door Design and Tailored Elegance for Your Home
There are many custom garage door designs to consider for your home. One of the first decisions when choosing a custom garage door is its material. Wood garage doors offer warmth and elegance, while steel provides high durability. Our designers offer other material options, including composite and vinyl.
Custom garage doors are available in a wide range of styles. Our expert technicians can go over the options with you so that you can decide which type of garage door works best for your home’s architecture. Garage door design options can be broken down into the following categories:
- Shape: Arched and square top
- Style: Bi-fold, swing, tri-fold, or carriage house
- Color: Natural, painted, or contrasting
- Windows or no windows
- Wood: Finished or unfinished
- Pre-painted steel
- Energy-efficient overhead garage doors
While this may seem like an overwhelming amount of decisions, you can rest assured that our designers will walk you through every step of the process to ensure you get the best garage door for your needs. We know that you will be fully satisfied with your new custom garage door.
What Are the Standard Sizes of a Residential Garage Door?
Residential garage doors can be broken down into two different categories: single and double. The standard sizes for each are:
Single Garage Doors
- 8×7 ft.
- 9×7 ft.
- 10×7 ft.
Double Garage Doors
- 12×7 ft.
- 14×7 ft.
- 16×7 ft.
Expert Garage Door Repair Services: Swift Solutions for Common Issues
After your garage door has been installed, it requires maintenance to ensure it functions optimally. Regular maintenance also keeps your garage door within its warranty parameters, protecting your investment. Our garage door technicians offer our clients premium maintenance and repair services in the DFW, Austin, and Houston areas. These services include but are not limited to:
- Garage door maintenance
- Garage door opener repair
- Garage door cable repair
- Garage door track repair
- Garage door roller repair
- Garage door spring repair
Don’t put your family at risk with dangerous issues such as broken garage door springs or off-track doors. These issues put additional strain on the garage door and increase the risk of serious problems, such as the garage door coming down rapidly and crashing into the ground.
Our exclusive services guarantee that your garage door looks great and operates properly to avoid potentially dangerous situations. Our technicians take the time to explain the details of your new garage door, which maintenance services are needed, and any required repairs. We are always available to address any questions or concerns about your garage door, whether it is newly installed or several years old.
Garage Door Maintenance Tips: Ensuring Longevity and Performance
Learning how to maintain your garage door is the key to ensuring its longevity. A malfunction can make it difficult to open and close the garage door and can strain its moving parts, resulting in breakdowns. Regular maintenance is your best defense in preventing this. Here are some maintenance tips from your trusted garage door team:
- Get your garage door inspected once a year.
- Perform routine checks to test the safety features of your garage door.
- Examine the garage door’s hardware for signs of cracks, wear and tear, and damage by inspecting:
- The tracks and hinges.
- The rollers.
- The lift cables that are attached to the door.
- Get the chain drive or belt serviced.
- Get the seals and springs serviced.
- Clean the garage door’s surface once a year.
- Replace the battery and bulbs for the garage door opener. Do not use LED bulbs and ensure it is a garage door opener bulb.
Action Garage Door Repair Specialists proudly offer routine garage door maintenance services for all residential clients throughout the DFW Metroplex, Austin, and Houston, Texas, areas. Contact our team today for more information on our services or to schedule an appointment.
Superior Residential Garage Door Installation at Action Garage Door Repair Specialists
At Action Garage Door Repair Specialists, we are committed to our customers. We produce incredible results by using only the most reputable products on the market from industry-leading manufacturers. Let’s get started on your personalized garage door. Find out how a new custom or designer garage door can completely transform the visual appeal of your home. Contact our team for more information on our services or to schedule an appointment with our design team.
New Residential Garage Doors FAQS:
Modern garage doors will typically last up to 20 years before they need to be replaced. With proper care and maintenance, you can ensure your garage door meets its full lifespan with few issues.
Yes! Action Garage Door Repair Specialists offer unparalleled custom garage door construction and installation services. Whether you want a charming carriage house garage door to match your home’s traditional or Victorian feel or something more modern to fit your home’s sleek look, we have something for everyone.
Commons signs that your garage door needs repairs are as follows:
1. The garage door won’t open or close
2. The garage door is responding slowly
3. The garage door is beginning to sag
4. The garage door makes a lot of noise opening and closing
5. The garage door is off the tracks
6. Your energy bills are increasing
Maintaining your garage door is essential to prevent minor problems from becoming catastrophic issues that can destroy your garage door’s integrity. These maintenance tips include but are not limited to the following:
1. Getting your garage door inspected at least once a year
2. Tightening up parts such as the roller brackets and bolts
3. Testing your garage door’s balance
4. Inspect your garage door’s rollers
5. Checking and replacing worn down or damaged weatherstripping
6. Lubricating moving parts to prevent them from grinding
7. Test the auto-reverse safety features of your garage door, including the mechanical slide and the photocell
Yes! Different materials like wood and steel offer advantages such as energy savings by providing unparalleled insulation. The best energy-efficient option is a triple-layer steel garage door with polyurethane insulation. It ensures that all garage door parts are covered, keeping your conditioned air inside and your unconditioned air outside.
Wood is a naturally insulating material if you are looking for a more natural solution. It is often overlaid with steel to ensure that it is protected from moisture that can cause the wood to warp and rot.
Steel garage doors are among the most durable options on the market and are well known for their low maintenance costs. They are economical and insulated to enhance the R-value of the garage door and increase energy efficiency and savings. With proper maintenance, a steel garage door won’t dent or rust.
Action Garage Door Repair Specialists offer designer garage doors from two of the most renowned garage door manufacturers. These include C.H.I Garage Doors and Amarr. Here is a general overview of these incredible brands.
Amarr Overhead Garage Doors: The Amarr Garage Door Company has been building high-quality residential garage doors since its founding in 1951. They offer stylish, eye-catching garage doors known for unparalleled safety features. Here are the different garage door lines offered by Amarr:
1. Classica garage doors
2. Heritage garage doors
3. Olympus garage doors
4. Carriage house
C.H.I. Overhead Garage Doors: C.H.I offers an award-winning combination of quality and style. They have been known for their high-quality garage doors since their founding in 1981 and have continued promoting exceptional products. Their garage doors are available in a wide range of styles, including carriage house overlays, recessed panels, ribbed steel, carriage house stamped, and aluminum garage doors.